Terms on bestbuy.com
These terms and conditions apply to both Best Buy physical and e-gift cards. The terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time. Additional terms and conditions will apply to e-gift cards.
- Redeemable in any U.S. or Puerto Rico Best Buy retail location or online at BestBuy.com where available for merchandise or services, including Magnolia Home Theater and Geek Squad®. Cannot be redeemed on prepaid open loop cards (sold in store only) or Marketplace items.
- No expiration date, no fees.
- Not redeemable for cash.
- Lost, stolen or damaged cards replaced only with valid proof of purchase to extent of remaining card balance.
- Not a credit or debit card.
- Not valid as payment on a Best Buy credit card.
- Best Buy e-gift cards cannot be purchased with an international credit card.
- Check gift card balance at any US and Puerto Rico Best Buy retail locations, online at BestBuy.com, or call 1-888-716-7994. Must have card number available.
- All terms enforced except where prohibited by law.
e-gift card Terms and Conditions
- General Terms
Refer to http://www.BestBuy.com for Terms and Conditions of redemption.
- Customer Service
If you need assistance with any aspect of your purchase, ownership, or use of your e-gift card, and to view your e-gift card balance, please contact Customer Support. Please refer to your order number, or be ready to supply your email address. To view your e-gift card balance, follow the instructions below your e-gift card, on the page linked from the email message which notified you of your gift.
- Lost or Stolen Gift Cards
Ownership and risk of loss of e-gift cards passes to the purchaser as soon as we send our confirmation to the recipient. We are not responsible for lost or stolen Gift Cards. If you suspect that someone has copied or stolen your e-gift card, contact Customer Support immediately. e-gift cards have cash value and should be safeguarded accordingly.
You may not use an e-gift card to purchase other e-gift cards. e-gift cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law. Void if reloaded, resold, transferred for value, or redeemed for cash. Unused e-gift cards may not be transferred.
- Payment Methods
Best Buy e-gift cards may be paid for with a valid VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or Diners Club, and your transaction to purchase the e-gift cards will be directly between you and Cashstar.
- Delivery Information and Requirements for E-gift Card Purchasers
All orders of e-gift cards are subject to a process that compares purchaser information provided here with information about the purchaser provided by the purchaser's financial institution through whom payment is being processed. If there is a discrepancy, your e-gift card order may be delayed until it can be corrected. If the date on which you want an e-gift card delivered has passed and you have not received confirmation that the e-gift card was sent, please contact Customer Support. Please refer to your order number, or be ready to supply your email address. We are not responsible for e-gift cards that are undeliverable or not received due to your failure to enter an accurate email address for the recipient. Please check to make sure the email address of the recipient is correct and contact Customer Support if you suspect the recipient did not receive his/her e-gift card. Should an email be returned to us due to inaccurate delivery information for the recipient, we will attempt to contact you for a valid email address.
- Reasons for Failed Delivery
If you have confirmed the recipient's email address but the e-gift card has not been viewed within a reasonable period after the requested delivery date, following is a list of the most common reasons why delivery may have failed:
- Spam filter blocked email or routed it to a bulk/spam folder
- Recipient's firewall blocked the email
- Email inbox is over size limit
- Invalid email address
- Personalized Messaging
If you wish to add a personal message to an e-gift card, simply type your message in the Message field on the Gift Card preview. Personal messages are limited in length to the space provided on the e-gift card. There is no additional charge to include a personalized message. We don't read every gift message, but if we do find inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable messages, we reserve the right to cancel them. Thanks for your cooperation.
- Uploaded Images
You may upload your own image for display on an e-gift card. This feature is not available for physical e-gift cards at this time. There is no additional charge to include your own image. We reserve the right to replace inappropriate, offensive, or otherwise objectionable images. We reserve the right to replace images that infringe upon trademark or copyright law.
Best Buy E-Gift Card, powered by CashStar.